US tech firm GlobalLogic targets savings to fund set-up of global procurement function
GlobalLogic is a Digital Product Engineering Services company that was founded in 2000 and is headquartered in San Jose, with offices in the US, India, South America and Ukraine. GlobalLogic were previously owned by Apax Partners before their sale in 2018, and this was one of Procura’s many Apax partnership projects.
Procura’s 3 key objectives for this project were:
- Set-up global procurement function
- Deliver savings from recurring spend
- Set-up project procurement office for expansion
The first step was to provide transparency of global spend through Spend Analysis, using our bespoke ProIntell spend intelligence tool.
This enabled the team to have a conversation based around real numbers with key stakeholders, as part of the Opportunity Assessment. From here, the team could identify savings available to the client.
Following this, a programme of targeted procurement cost reduction was set up in order to implement sourcing, supplier management and contract management processes. The strategic sourcing programme focused on the following areas:
- Professional Services
Finally, the team could then clearly define both a global and regional organisation structure for the client.
- Identified $650k to $1.7m savings through the Opportunity Assessment
- Defined the Global and Regional organisation structure
- Created a roadmap to put in place Enablers of Procurement
- Set-up Capex sourcing process to manage office growth
- Strategic sourcing programme: Sub-contractors, IT, Professional Services and HR
- Global/regional organisation defined
- Roadmap to put in place Enablers of Procurement
- Set-up of Capex sourcing process to manage office growth
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: +44 (0)203 693 7275