Global tech company saves $1.85m through indirect spend procurement cost reduction
Procura’s client are a multinational technology company with offices in US, UK, India and China, and a further 13 locations and annual turnover of over $500m. The challenge Procura faced was driving for margin improvement in a culture of staff empowerment with minimal cost control.
With no existing procurement function in place, nothing had been professionally sourced and good savings opportunities existed, as well as accessing supplier-led innovation - particularly in people-focused spend areas. As is often the case, this particular tech company is characterised by globally mobile, intelligent and empowered employees. They have traditionally been empowered to make decisions and in procurement terms, sort out whatever they need.
The challenge was to engage with stakeholders, support them and facilitate the process whilst ensuring that client delivery was improved, not compromised.
- Multinational tech development company, based out of US, UK, India and China with offices in 13 locations
- Culture of staff empowerment and minimal cost control
- Drive for margin improvement
Procura completed the following activities in order to drive cost reduction and margin improvement:
- Spend Analysis and Opportunity Assessment to provide transparency of global spend and identify savings
- Multiple approaches from strategic vendor negotiation, supplier consolidation to competitive sourcing
- On-site Procura team for rapid execution and close alignment with operational stakeholders
Procura successfully delivered >$1.85m savings delivery through a 6 month programme of procurement cost reduction. The targeted programme covered:
- - Staff health & benefits
- - Professional services (audit & tax)
- - IT & Mobile Telecoms
- - Travel
- - Accommodation
- - Office Services & Supplies
Procura also introduced a centralised strategic sourcing process, along with consolidation of the clients’ supply base. Furthermore, they produced sustainability of results through implementation of a P2P spend management system (Coupa) and the hire of a full time Procurement Director.
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: +44 (0)203 693 7275