Procurement Category Management
As organisations develop their procurement sophistication, a shift from a reactive ‘requirements-based’ approach to a proactive one where all spend is considered and ‘categorised’ can prove highly effective.
By focusing on specific supply-market categories and the strategies and workplans that are required to proactively source, address and manage them, significant enhancements (and cost savings) become possible.
Procura’s Category Management approach, provides the methodology and toolkit to achieve this - fundamentally changing the way organisations approaches the supply-market.
The Category Management Approach
Category Management delivers multiple benefits
Step-change in savings delivery
- Delivers savings across entire category, not just specific requirements
- Engages stakeholders, ensuring business requirements are fully considered
- Builds in demand challenge through stakeholder engagement
- Focuses on the supply-market, actively encouraging innovation and value-add
- Results in improvements to service levels, quality, availability and value for money
- Reduces risk in the supply-chain
- Cross-functional team approach ensures buy-in to outcomes
- Raises profile of procurement as a “service-partner”
Procura support the implementation of category management through:
- Current state analysis and Transformation planning
- Category management toolkit
- Training and coaching
- Co-Sourcing – delivering together to drive benefits and embed process and methodology
We have a tried and tested methodology enabling us to rapidly and efficiently deliver clear and actionable analysis to clients. We deliver more than 20 spend analysis projects a year for clients.
Our clients range from small companies to global corporations, as well as Private Equity portfolio investors.
We are specialists in procurement cost reduction. Our consultants work closely with all kinds of organisations to improve their profitability through identifying, delivering and maintaining savings in procurement expenditure. A relentless focus on bottom-line results combined with our deep supply-market knowledge ensures that spend is optimised – and stays optimised.
- Our team has achieved over £25m in savings
- Projects are self-funding with no risk for clients
- We work closely with your people to embed best practice
- Our unique spend intelligence service ensures ongoing savings